Top Humana Software Engineer Interview Questions
Working at Humana may be the ideal opportunity if you want to work in the healthcare industry. As a software engineer at Humana, you'll collaborate with some of the industry's brightest minds. You'll be part of the team that helps the company transition into a consumer-focused healthcare leader.
The interview process is all that stands between you and the job. While the process is pretty simple, you may require assistance in answering the Humana software engineer interview questions. That's where we can help.
Having trained over 11,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the most challenging tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
In this article, we’ll be covering:
- An Overview of Humana
- Role and Responsibilities of a Humana Software Engineer Interview
- Technical Humana Software Engineer Interview Questions
- Behavioral Humana Software Engineer Interview Questions
- FAQs on Humana Software Engineer Interview Questions
An Overview of Humana
Headquartered in Kentucky, US, Humana is a healthcare company that provides its customers with a wide array of insurance products. It also has health and wellness services to give an integrated approach to lifelong well-being.
The company’s business has been divided into the following segments: Retail, Employer Group, and Health and Well-Being Services. The company ranked 41 on the Fortune 500 list in 2021, making it the highest-ranked company in Kentucky.
Role and Responsibilities of a Humana Software Engineer Interview
As a software engineer at Humana, you’ll get the opportunity to help transform the company into a consumer-based healthcare leader using digital platforms. If you enjoy new challenges and have a knack for problem-solving, this could be the role for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Standardizing the quality assurance process for the software.
- Supervising the testing, debugging, and developing fixes.
- Researching complaints and making the required changes and recommendations to resolve complex issues related to the software.
- Making decisions based on your work methods without requiring much supervision.
- Following the established guidelines.
In senior positions, you’ll be working directly with stakeholders and defining business problems and solution requirements for the online product platform. Further, you’ll have to ensure that the business value is maintained. Therefore, most Humana software engineer interview questions will revolve around these topics.
Technical Humana Software Engineer Interview Questions
Some important Humana software engineer interview questions to help you get started:
- Write a program to generate the Fibonacci sequence.
- How would you find out if two given rectangles overlap?
- If you’re given a big string of characters, how to find the first unique character in it efficiently?
- Given: An input string and a dictionary of words.
Find: Whether the input string can be segmented into a space-separated sequence of dictionary words.
- Given the head of a singly linked list, reverse the list, and return the reversed list.
- Define the Local variable and the Instance variable.
- What do you mean by Method Overriding?
- Differentiate between String, String Builder, and String Buffer.
- What are Git Push and Git Pull?
- What is a Merge Conflict in Git, and how can it be resolved?
- Explain Semantic HTML. How does it function?
- What is the difference between an Ordered List and an Unordered List?
- Given: An array of sorted words in an arbitrary language.
Find: Order (or precedence of characters) in the language.
- Define Exception in Java.
- How do you make a thread in Java?
Behavioral Humana Software Engineer Interview Questions
Some Humana software engineer interview questions in the behavioral rounds have been given below:
- If we hired you today itself, what will you accomplish first?
- At Humana, we are passionate about compliance and accuracy. Can you tell me why this is important to you?
- What is your process of explaining technical information to people who don’t have technical knowledge?
- Our employees work from home 99% of the time. So when you’re working remotely, how will you set yourself up for success?
- You’ll be required to do patient collection in this role, so you might have to have difficult conversations. Tell me about a difficult conversation you've had with a patient or customer.
- If you get hired, you’ll have to analyze large patient data sets. Tell me about a large data set you had to analyze and how you added value through your analysis.
- Whenever you set a goal, how do you go about meeting that goal?
- We’re looking to hire people who can grow within our company. When have you stretched yourself in your current role and done more than what was expected of you?
- How do you deal with failure?
- How do you connect with a customer you are working with virtually?
- Has there ever been a time when you felt overworked? How did you handle the situation?
- What would be a song to describe you or your life?
- Our company has a great call center that enables each team member to be empowered to give feedback to others. Can you tell me about a time when you had to give a colleague feedback?
- How do you handle difficult clients?
- What do you prefer — working alone or with others?
FAQs on Humana Software Engineer Interview Questions
Q1. How long does the interview process at Humana take?
The software engineer interview process at Humana takes around 3 weeks to complete.
Q2. What is the average salary of a software engineer at Humana?
According to indeed.com, a software engineer at Humana makes $129,723 per year. This figure is 14% higher than the national average.
Q3. What are some Humana software engineer interview questions asked in behavioral rounds?
Some questions you can expect are — What has your previous experience in the healthcare industry been like? What is your understanding of this position? Given a chance to expand your knowledge and expertise in any area of the health plan space, which would you choose?
Q4. What qualifications are required to get hired at Humana as a software engineer?
To be hired as a software engineer at Humana, you must have a bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field, or any STEM field of study.
Q5. What does a software engineer at Humana do?
You’ll be working on solving customer problems with the help of the latest software technology that’ll improve the customers’ lives.
We Can Help You Crack the Humana Software Engineer Interview
If you’re looking for guidance on how to prepare for the Humana software engineer interview questions, sign up for our free webinar.
Interview Kickstart offers interview preparation courses taught by FAANG tech leads and seasoned hiring managers. We have trained thousands of software engineers to crack the most challenging interviews at Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and other top tech companies.