Google Front-end Engineer Interview Questions You Should Prepare
It’s no secret that Google is a great place to work for software engineers, and the competition to get in is cutthroat. Front-end Engineers work tirelessly to create a smooth and engaging user experience. In Google's Front-end interview process, you can expect a phone interview, coding interviews, a Front-end focused system design interview, and a behavioral interview.
Google pays its Front-end Engineers well for their skillset and other perks. Google Front-end Engineer salaries in the US range from $80,746 to $430,000 per year, with an average salary of about $156,806 per year.
Having trained over 12,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the most challenging tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
This article focuses on Google Front-end interview questions to help you prepare for your next Google Front-end interview. Read ahead to learn more!
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Top Google Front-end Interview Questions and Answers
- Sample Google Front-end Interview Questions for Practice
- Google Front-end Interview Questions for Experienced Professionals
- FAQs on Google Front-end Interview Questions
Top Google Front-end Interview Questions and Answers
We’ll begin with some sample Google Front-end interview questions and answers to get a basic idea of what to expect.
Q2. What does the command Git Pull do?
Git pull gets new information and integrates that information with the current working files. It updates the current head branch with these latest changes from the remote server and attempts to combine remote modifications with those made locally.
Learn more about the roles and responsibilities of a Front-end Engineer here.
Q3. What are some ways to include CSS Styling in HTML?
Methods for incorporating CSS into HTML include using inline CSS for single element styling or less quantity of styling, external style sheet for many elements or HTML pages, and internal style sheet for single HTML document with a unique style and several elements.
Q5. What is a State in React?
A state is an object that stores the values of properties associated with a component that can change over time.
If you want exclusive tips to crack the Front-end interview, here are 6 steps to crack the Front-end interview.
Sample Google Front-end Interview Questions for Practice
Here are some Google Front-end interview questions. Ensure you can solve them before your interview:
- When building a new website or maintaining one, can you explain some techniques you have used to increase performance?
- What are your salary expectations, and what made you go for the Front-end role at Google?
- Name and talk about some version control systems you know.
- Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
- What can you contribute to this team?
- Explain what happens internally and on Front-end when a user clicks a link in a web browser.
- Name a general use case for anonymous functions.
- What's the difference between .call and .apply?
- Differentiate between an attribute and a property.
- Explain how JSONP works and why it's not AJAX.
Google Front-end Interview Questions for Experienced Professionals
Let’s move ahead with some technical Google Front-end interview questions. Ensure you can solve them before your interview:
- How would you reverse a linked list?
- You have four numbers of type int and four math operators +, -, x, /. Given random ways to group the four given numbers and use any of the four operators, see if you can make 24 from the four numbers. Note that all four numbers should be processed according to their appearance.
- Define and describe the use of closure.
- How can we check whether two binary trees are identical?
- How would you write a function that calls an input function f only every 50 milliseconds?
- Find the width of an inverted binary tree.
- How will you design a flashing card system?
- Create a UI component using a framework of your choice.
We hope this list of Google Front-end interview questions will help you crack your tech interview. To crack Front-end interviews at top companies and land high-paying salaries, you need to know what the interview process is like and accordingly plan your prep. Here is the Front-end Engineer interview process at FAANG+ companies.
Practice some mock interviews and read our guide to 12 key preparation tips to crack an interview to prepare better.
FAQs on Google Front-end Interview Questions
Q1. What are the duties of a Front-end developer at Google?
A Front-end developer does some or all of the following: develops and maintains the user interface, creates tools to increase site engagement irrespective of the browser, implements the design on mobile websites, and manages software workflow.
Q2. Which are some popular tools used in Front-end development?
Some popular front-end development tools include JQuery, Bootstrap, Git, Atom, View.Js, and HTML5 Boilerplate.
Q5. What topics do I prepare for a Front-end developer interview at Google?
How to Crack a Front-end Engineer Interview
If you need help with your prep, join Interview Kickstart’s Front-end Engineering Interview Course — the first-of-its-kind, domain-specific tech interview prep program designed and taught by FAANG+ instructors.
IK is the gold standard in tech interview prep. Our programs include a comprehensive curriculum, unmatched teaching methods, FAANG+ instructors, and career coaching to help you nail your next tech interview.