Top Lockheed Martin Behavioral Interview Questions for Software Engineers
Lockheed Martin interview questions for software engineers are of easy to medium difficulty (glassdoor.com). This could be due to a higher focus on behavioral questions at the interview. We’ve covered the most frequently asked Lockheed Martin interview questions in this article. Practicing these will surely help you ace that interview.
Having trained over 10,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the toughest tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
Want to nail your next tech interview? Sign up for our FREE Webinar.
Read on to gain a clear understanding of the company’s culture, interview process, Lockheed Martin interview questions for software engineers, and other details.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- What Does a Lockheed Martin Interview for a Software Engineer Look Like?
- Lockheed Martin Interview Questions and Answers
- Additional Sample Lockheed Martin Behavioral Interview Questions
- How to Answer Lockheed Martin Interview Questions for Software Engineers?
- Do’s and Don'ts of Answering Lockheed Martin Interview Questions
- FAQs on Lockheed Martin Interview Questions
What Does a Lockheed Martin Interview for a Software Engineer Look Like?
Firstly, create your profile on the official website of Lockheed Martin to apply for the software engineer role. Then, the hiring team will arrange phone interviews based on the job role based on your eligibility criteria. It will be followed by a single or multiple in-person interviews before you get an employment offer.
Take a look at the different Lockheed Martin interview rounds:
- Behavioral Interview
- Telephonic Interview
- On-site Interview
- Team Interview
- Virtual Interview
It is important to note that some employers may use a combination of these in Lockheed Martin interview questions, depending on the job type. So, make sure you're aware of the distinctions ahead of time.
You can expect the Lockheed Martin interview process to extend beyond a month.
Lockheed Martin Interview Questions with Answers
Here are a few commonly asked Lockheed Martin interview questions and answers:
Q1. Tell us about yourself.
This is one of the most commonly-asked Lockheed Martin interview questions, and your answer must be crisp and relevant to the job you have applied for. For example, you may focus on your work experience, education, interests beyond work, etc.
Q2. How do you work under pressure?
Try to answer this question based on your prior work experience where you have displayed your capability to handle work effectively under pressure.
Q3. Are you a team player?
Consider the following factors before you answer this question:
- Can you collaborate with a team effectively?
- Do you communicate with people from distinct personal backgrounds and personalities easily?
- Do you know how to motivate your colleagues?
- Can you resolve difficult issues or deal with challenging personalities?
Considering these factors will help you answer these Lockheed Martin interview questions effortlessly.
Q4. How will you manage a team?
This question is again situation-based. You can approach such Lockheed Martin interview questions by informing the recruiter about your best experience managing a team in your previous job.
Q5. How do you perceive that your colleagues at your previous job would describe you?
Your answer must be positive about your previous job experience and highlight the strengths that your colleagues appreciated.
Q6. How can you compensate for not having adequate experience in the job you have applied for?
You may expect this Lockheed Martin interview question if you are a fresher. So, highlight your prior work experience, if any, to which the recruiter is unfamiliar. After that, explain how you are an active learner, learn a new job within a reasonable time, and have a dominant work ethic.
Q7. Tell us how you can prioritize your work?
You may answer that it depends on different situations. For example, first, you will complete those tasks which need immediate attention and perform other duties after completing such urgent ones.
Q8. Tell us about your strengths.
Highlight your strengths along with an example for each that displays your strength. Additionally, explain how these strengths are relevant to the job you have applied for.
Q9. Tell us how essential the vision of our company is to you?
You may answer how this company can sustainably grow along with you in the long term.
Q10. What do you consider more valuable – paid more or recognized for your work?
You may answer such Lockheed Martin interview questions with a relevant reason explaining why you choose one over the other.
These were the most commonly asked Lockheed Martin interview questions. Scroll through the following section if you wish to know a bit about behavioral questions asked in a Lockheed Martin interview.
Additional Sample Lockheed Martin Behavioral Interview Questions
Go through the following Lockheed Martin interview questions to boost your interview preparation:
- Tell us about your biggest regret.
- Tell us about an experience that shows your communication skills.
- Can you explain when you took firm action and solved a practical problem?
- Give us an example of when you successfully confronted a person with a negative personality.
- How did your time management and planning style help you cope with unexpected emergencies in your organization’s environment?
- What is your leadership experience?
- Do you think you have progressed in your career as per your expectations?
- What do you want to contribute to Lockheed Martin?
- Why did you apply for this job at Lockheed Martin?
- What is the unique challenge you have faced?
- How often do you consider innovations that can develop your performance?
- What is something that you are proud of? Why?
- Did you ever come across a time when you had to change your behavior at work? How did you do it?
- Are you still friends with your previous co-workers?
- How would your colleagues at your previous job generally describe you?
- How can you compensate for your lack of experience?
- Have you ever made an impact in the lives of your previous colleagues?
- How do you manage meeting multiple deadlines?
- What did you like the most and least about your previous job?
- What type of people are you most comfortable working with?
- Tell me how many golf balls you can fit inside a limousine.
- Would you call yourself a people person?
- What types of books do you like to read?
- Describe your work style
- What, according to you, is the impact of a positive attitude?
- What are your motivations for success?
- Why are utility hole covers round in shape?
- Is there any unfixable situation? Describe your thoughts.
How to Answer Lockheed Martin Interview Questions for Software Engineers?
According to Lockheed Martin, you need to use the ‘STAR’ technique to approach these behavioral interview questions. This implies that you must describe a Situation you were placed in to answer a behavioral question. Then, explain the Task which has been delegated to you to perform. Finally, explain the Action you took and its Result. All these together constitute the ‘STAR’ technique.
Do’s and Don'ts of Answering Lockheed Martin Interview Questions
Here are some of the following tips that you must consider before you appear for Lockheed Martin interview questions:
- Perform research over the type of interview you will be attending. Practice the interview but never memorize the answers to Lockheed Martin interview questions. This is because your answers may not appear genuine and may leave a negative impression before an interviewer.
- During the Lockheed Martin interview, express your interest in the job role and highlight your strengths relevant to that job.
- You may end the interview by showing your interest in performing this job and the next steps that follow this interview process.
You may also ask relevant questions to a recruiter after answering Lockheed Martin interview questions. Ask well-researched questions, such as:
- What are the expectations you have fixed for this job role?
- What are the challenges associated with this job role?
- Can you tell me about the technology your organization’s software engineering team uses?
- What are the career prospects of this job?
- What qualities must one need to succeed in this job role?
- Don’t only just depend on your resume to showcase your candidature
- Use a commanding voice to answer Lockheed Martin interview questions
- Don’t lie in your interview. Instead, be honest and keep your answer short and crisp.
- Don’t showcase your negative attitude towards your former colleagues or employers
- Don’t act that you are ready to take any job if you do not qualify for the one you have applied for.
We hope this article provided you with a clear understanding of Lockheed Martin interview questions. Keep the do's and don'ts listed above in mind so that you can ace your tech interview with ease.
FAQs on Lockheed Martin interview questions
Q1. To be eligible for the Lockheed Martin interview, where do you need to send your resume?
You can send your resume online through the career site of Lockheed Martin for immediate consideration.
Q2. To become a software engineer at Lockheed Martin, what programming languages should you learn?
Q3. What benefits do employees at Lockheed Martin get?
After answering the Lockheed Martin interview questions and getting selected for the role of a software engineer, you will get various benefits, such as health insurance, wellness programs, sick leaves, paid time off, retirement savings plan, life insurance, and more.
Q4. What is the average salary of a software engineer at Lockheed Martin?
The software engineer salary at Lockheed Martin ranges between $73,114 to $101,000.
Q5. How hard is it to get a job at Lockheed Martin?
The hiring process in this company is rigorous due to its world-class technology. But, if you practice well for the Lockheed Martin interview questions, it will not be impossible.
Gear Up for Your Next Tech Interview
Are you getting ready for an upcoming Lockheed Martin interview? Register for our technical interview webinar.
At Interview Kickstart, we’ve trained over 10,000 engineers to land lucrative offers at the biggest tech companies. Our instructors, who are FAANG hiring managers, know what it takes to nail tough tech interviews at top technology companies.
Register for our FREE webinar to learn more.