Top Angular 7 Interview Questions to Prepare for Your Next Interview
Wouldn’t it be ideal if you know what interview questions you could expect at your next job interview? Interview Kickstart can help with just that! This article focuses on Angular interview questions that will help you prepare for your next job interview. Did you know that the same team at Google that made AngularJS actually made the Angular framework, and it has several versions! In fact, Angular 7 was released relatively recently in October of 2018 and supported TypeScript 3.1, Node 10, and RxJS 6.3.
If you are preparing for a tech interview, check out our technical interview checklist, interview questions page, and salary negotiation e-book to get interview-ready! Also, read Angular Interview Questions and Angular 6 Interview Questions for more questions on Angular.
Having trained over 9,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the toughest tech interviews. Since 2014, Interview Kickstart alums have been landing lucrative offers from FAANG and Tier-1 tech companies, with an average salary hike of 49%. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $933,000!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
In this article, we’ll learn:
- Sample Angular 7 interview questions and answers
- More Angular 7 interview questions for developers
- Advanced Angular 7 interview questions
- FAQs on Angular 7 interview questions
Sample Angular 7 Interview Questions and Answers
Let us begin with some sample questions and answers to get an idea of what types of questions can be asked.
Sample Angular 7 Interview Questions and Answers for Beginners
1. Why does incremental DOM have a low memory footprint in Angular 7?
Every time we re-render, Virtual DOM creates a tree from scratch. But incremental DOM requires no memory to re-render the view as long as the DOM isn’t changed, and the memory has to be allocated only when the DOM nodes are added or deleted. The size of the memory allocation is also proportional to the size of the change in DOM.
2. Define the Angular TestBed in the context of Angular 7.
The Angular TestBed or ATB is a higher-level testing framework exclusively for Angular, which helps us test behaviors with a dependency on Angular Framework smoothly. It provides a dynamically-constructed Angular test module that emulates an Angular @NgModule.
Sample Angular 7 Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced
1. What is Redux in the context of Angular 7?
Redux is a way to manage the application state and improve the maintainability of asynchronicity in our application. It provides a single truth source for the application state and a unidirectional flow of data change.
2. What are the utility functions provided by RxJS in Angular 7?
Some utility functions RxJS library provides that help us create and work with observables are filtering streams, mapping values to different types, creating multiple streams, iterating through the values in a stream, and converting code into observables for async operations.
More Angular 7 Interview Questions for Developers
Take a look at these sample interview questions to assess your preparation level:
1. In the context of Angular 7, define and explain:
- Router outlet
- Ivy Renderer
2. Differentiate between:
- Component and module
- Angular 7 and AngularJS
Advanced Angular 7 Interview Questions
- How will you select an element in a component template?
- What is the minimum definition of a component?
- Describe the utility functions provided by RxJS?
- Discuss ways to control AOT compilation?
- Define and describe:
- How does redux relate to an Angular app?
- Why does Incremental DOM have a low memory footprint?
- Do I need to bootstrap custom elements?
- How to set headers for every request in Angular?
- What are the advantages of AOT?
- What is Angular 7? How is it different from AngularJS?
- Differentiate between:
AngularJS and Angular.
Structural directive and attribute directive
Declarations, import, and providers in NgModule
- What does a just-in-time (JIT) compiler do (in general)?
- What is Incremental DOM? How is it different from Virtual DOM?
- What are the key components of Angular 7?
- What is Shell?
Want to practice more Angular interview questions? Read Angular Interview Questions You Must Prepare for in 2022 to take your prep to the next level.
FAQs on Angular 7 Interview Questions
1. How old is Angular 7?
Angular 7 was released relatively recently in October of 2018. As of December 2021, Angular 13.0 is the latest version of Angular available.
2. Name the main building blocks of an Angular 7 application.
The seven main building blocks of an Angular application are Templates, Component, Dependency Injection, Metadata, Data Binding, Directives, and Services.
3. What’s the difference between Angular 7 and AngularJS?
AngularJS or Angular 1.0:
- Is not supported by mobile browsers.
- Makes use of MVC architecture
- Has complicated syntax
- Does not require additional plugins
Angular7, on the other hand, is a complete rewrite of Angular JS and supports:
- Two-way data binding
- TypeScript 3.1
- Node 10
- RxJS 6.3
- Angular Elements, Angular Material, CDK Components
- ng update, ng add
- RxJS v6
- CLI Workspaces
- Library Support
- Angular Material Starter Components
- Tree Shakable Providers
- Animations Performance Improvements
4. What are some of the best IDEs for Angular 7?
Angular IDE, Webstorm, and Visual Studio Code are some of the best Angular IDEs for Angular 7. Sublime Text, Brackets, and Atom are also good options available as IDEs for Angular 7.
5. How would you update Angular 6 to Angular 7?
Angular 6 can be converted to Angular 7 by using the following command:
ng update @angular/cli @angular/core
Ready to Nail Your Next Coding Interview?
Whether you’re a coding engineer gunning for software developer or software engineer roles, a tech lead, or you’re targeting management positions at top companies, IK offers courses specifically designed for your needs to help you with your technical interview preparation!
If you’re looking for guidance and help with getting started, sign up for our FREE webinar. As pioneers in the field of technical interview preparation, we have trained thousands of software engineers to crack the most challenging coding interviews and land jobs at their dream companies, such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Amazon, and more!