Pega Interview Questions for Your Technical Interview Prep
Pega is a widely-used, low-code business process management tool written in Java. If you’re a software developer interviewing for positions in business process application development, knowing answers to popular Pega interview questions is important.
Pega is one of the most extensively-used tools for building enterprise applications, automating business and software processes, and creating data-driven decision-making frameworks. Several companies use the tool to build enterprise applications that drive business decision-making and enhance customer engagement.
To help you prepare for your upcoming interview, we’ve compiled a list of commonly-asked Pega interview questions for experienced developers and freshers. If you are preparing for a tech interview, check out our technical interview checklist, interview questions page, and salary negotiation e-book to get interview-ready!
Having trained over 17,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the most challenging tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
Let’s go ahead and look at some common Pega interview questions asked at technical interviews.
We’ve listed the commonly-asked Pega interview questions and answers, and also popular Pega interview questions for experienced developers and freshers.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Common Pega Interview Questions and Answers
- Pega Interview Questions for Freshers
- Pega Interview Questions for Experienced Developers
- FAQs About Pega Interview Questions
Common Pega Interview Questions and Answers
Whether you’re a fresher or an experienced programmer or appearing for an enterprise-application development role, you must know answers to commonly-asked Pega interview questions.
This section will look at some commonly-asked Pega interview questions and answers.
Q1. Which are the different types of studios offered by Pega?
Pega essentially offers four different types of studios -
- Dev Studio
- App Studio
- Admin Studio
- Prediction Studio
Studios, also called workspaces, are used to speed-up application development and enable users to work with role-based capabilities. Role-based capabilities help different types of developers perform specific functions with the tool.
Q2. Which are the different types of classes in Pega?
This is one of the most common Pega interview questions asked at technical interviews. The different types of classes available in Pega are -
- The Data Class - This class specifies the rules that govern the use of data types and objects.
- The Integration Class - This class comprises rules that spell out how the application interacts with external services and resources such as customer databases and 3rd party servers.
- The Work Class - This class consists of data items, interfaces, and other resources that govern the processing of test cases.
Q3. What do you understand by DCO in Pega?
DCO in Pega stands for Direct Capture of Objectives. It consists of resources, tools, application artifacts, and processes for acquiring, storing, and processing data on the integrated Pega platform.
Q4. Which are the different types of layouts available in Pega?
This, again, is one of the most common Pega interview questions asked at technical interviews. The different types of layouts available in Pega are -
- Dynamic Layout
- Screen Layout
- Column Layout
- Grid Layout
- Tree Grid Layout
Q5. Which are the different types of assignments, and where are they stored in the Pega database?
There are fundamentally two types of assignments - the Work-List assignment and the Work-Basket assignment. These assignments are stored in individual worklists in Pega.
- The pc_assign_worklist stores work-list assignments
- The w pc_assign_workbasket stores work-basket assignments
Pega Interview Questions for Freshers
If you’ve just graduated from college as a software engineer, knowing answers to popular Pega interview questions for freshers can set you apart from the competition. To help you prepare for your interview, below are some commonly asked Pega interview questions for freshers.
- What do you understand by Forward Chaining and Backward Chaining in Pega?
- What are Declare Triggers in Pega?
- Explain the different types of Join Shapes in Pega
- What do you understand about the Declarative rule in Pega?
- What do you understand by Rule regulation in Pega?
- What are Activities in Pega?
- What is Flow Action in Pega?
- What is RPRC in Pega?
- What are Access Roles and Access Groups in Pega?
- What are work objects in Pega?
Pega Interview Questions for Experienced Professionals
Experienced developers who specifically deal with enterprise application development and automation must know answers to advanced Pega interview questions.
We’ve compiled this list of Pega interview questions for experienced programmers to help you prepare for your upcoming interview.
- Explain Work Lists and Work Objects in Pega.
- What is the process to measure application performance in Pega?
- What do you understand about the Declare Index in Pega?
- What are SleepStatusGood and SleepStatusFail in Pega?
- What do you understand by Locking in Pega? Explain the different types of Locking in Pega.
- Explain Case Management in Pega and its benefits.
- How would you send multiple correspondences in Pega?
- What is an Exposed Property in Pega?
- What default property is used to route objects in Pega?
Practice these Pega interview questions to get ahead in your prep and set yourself apart from the competition!
FAQs About Pega Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What is Pega?
Pega is a software tool written in Java, used specifically to build enterprise applications and automate data-driven business processes.
Q2. Do you need to know how to code to use Pega?
Pega is a low-code platform for business process application development. This means that you don’t need to be an advanced coder to build applications. That’s because Pega offers a unified design studio that does the coding work while designing and building applications.
Q3. Are Pega interview questions asked at software developer interviews?
Yes, Pega interview questions are asked at Java developer interviews, especially in positions that involve enterprise application development and design.
Q4. In what language is Pega written and developed?
Pega is written and developed in the Java programming language.
Q5. What is the average salary of a Pega developer in the United States?
According to Glassdoor.com, the average Pega developer salary in the US is $99,504 per year.
Gear Up for Your Next Technical Interview
Are you getting ready for your upcoming technical interview? Register for our technical interview webinar to get the best guidance and insight from highly experienced professionals on how to crack tough technical interviews and land high-paying offers from the biggest companies.
At Interview Kickstart, we’ve trained thousands of engineers to land lucrative offers at the biggest tech companies. Our instructors, who are FAANG hiring managers, know what it takes to nail tough tech interviews at top technology companies.
Register for our FREE webinar to learn more.