Oracle Interview Questions for Experienced Professionals
The Oracle database is a multi-model, secured database management system used by several companies to perform Online Transaction Processing, Data Warehousing, and running mixed database workloads. If you’re an experienced programmer, database developer, or data analyst preparing for technical interviews, it is important to know answers to commonly-asked Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals.
Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals are mostly asked at systems design rounds of technical interviews. Experienced developers, in particular, can expect advanced Oracle interview questions at technical interviews. To help you understand better, we’ve compiled a list of Oracle interview questions and answers along with a few sample Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals.
Having trained over 11,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the most challenging tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
Let’s go ahead and look at some commonly-asked Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this article:
- Oracle Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced Developers
- Sample Oracle Interview Questions for Experienced Developers
- FAQs on Oracle Interview Questions for Experienced Developers
Oracle Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced Programmers
If you’ve begun preparing for your Oracle developer, data analyst, or software engineering interview, we’ve compiled this list of commonly-asked Oracle interview questions and answers to give you an idea of what to expect at your interview.
Q1. What are the different types of modules associated with Oracle forms?
The different types of modules associated with Oracle forms include:
- Form module
- Menu module
- Object Library module
- SQL module
Q2. Which are the fundamental types of Joins used in Oracle to write subqueries?
This is one of the most common Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals. The main types of Joins that are used to write subqueries in the Oracle database are:
- Self Join
- Equi Join
- Outer Join
Q3. Explain the use of the Control File in Oracle.
The Control file in the Oracle database is essentially used to identify log files that need to be opened for certain database operations to take place. It is also used for database recovery.
Q4. What are Actual and Formal Parameters?
Expressions and variables referenced in the parameter list of a subprogram are called Actual Parameters.
Variables that are declared within the body of the subprogram are known as Formal Parameters.
Q5. Which are the different types of database objects in Oracle?
There are fundamentally five different types of database objects that include:
- Views Indexes
Sample Oracle Interview Questions for Experienced Developers
Experienced developers who code front-end, back-end, or cloud applications are required to have a thorough understanding of the Oracle database and its features. To give you an understanding of the type of Oracle interview questions asked at interviews for experienced developers, we’ve compiled this list of Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals.
- What do you understand by logical backup in Oracle?
- Why are save points used in Oracle?
- Explain the BLOB datatype in Oracle
- What do you understand about synonyms in Oracle?
- Why is the Analyze command used in Oracle?
- What do you understand by a Hash Cluster in Oracle?
- What are Recursive Hints in Oracle?
- What do you understand by Redo Log File Mirroring?
- Explain the difference between Translate and Replace commands in Oracle
- What do you understand about the Check Constraint in Oracle?
- How would you go about storing pictures in Oracle?
- Explain the different types of synonyms in Oracle
- Which are the file extensions used by Oracle reports?
- Explain the difference between Post Database Commit and Post Form Commit
- Explain Temporal data types in Oracle
- What is the function of the GRANT option in the IMP command?
- In Oracle, how do you convert a date to a character? Give one specific example.
- What is the best way to store images in a database?
- What is the distinction between a pre-select and a pre-query?
- What is the number of memory layers in the Oracle shared pool?
- What is a bulk copy, also known as BCP in Oracle?
- What exactly is a SYSTEM tablespace, and when is one created?
Additional Oracle Interview Questions for Experienced Developers
In this section, we’ve documented some additional Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals.
- What are cursor variables?
- What are Set operators, and what are they used for?
- What are integrity constraints in Oracle?
- What do you understand about the Raw datatype in Oracle?
- What are some general functions used in Oracle?
- What are database triggers, and why are they used?
- Explain the different types of backups in Oracle
- Explain Data Normalization
- What do you understand about Recovery catalogs?
- Which are some commonly-used methods to shut down Oracle databases?
We hope that these Oracle interview questions for experienced developers will prepare you thoroughly for your interview. You can also practice some Oracle DBA Interview Questions for your tech interview.
FAQs on Oracle Interview Questions for Experienced Developers
Q1. What is the average Oracle database developer salary in the US?
The average Oracle developer salary in the United States is $101,548 per year, according to glassdoor.com.
Q2. What are the key concepts upon which Oracle interview questions for experienced developers are based?
The important concepts to prepare to answer Oracle interview questions for experienced professionals include - database backup, recovery, security, data warehousing, relational databases, and commands.
Q3. What type of database management system is Oracle?
The Oracle Database is a Relational Database Management system.
Q4. What is the Oracle database used for?
Companies widely use the Oracle database across the globe to run mixed-database workloads, Online Data Processing, and Data warehousing.
Q5. Are Oracle interview questions asked at software developer interviews?
Yes, Oracle interview questions are asked at Java developer interviews, database administrator interviews, and data analyst interviews.
Gear Up for Your Next Technical Interview
Are you getting ready for your upcoming technical interview? Register for our technical interview webinar to get the best guidance and insight from highly experienced professionals on how to crack tough technical interviews and land high-paying offers from the biggest companies.
At Interview Kickstart, we’ve trained thousands of engineers to land lucrative offers at the biggest tech companies. Our instructors, who are FAANG hiring managers, know what it takes to nail tough tech interviews at top technology companies.
Register for our FREE webinar to learn more.