Spotify data scientist salary packages are among the most lucrative in the tech industry. A Data Scientist at Spotify is responsible for analyzing internal and external data sources to drive vital decisions of Spotify's strategy.
Spotify highly values its data scientists and pays competitively rewarding compensations. The addition of several employee benefits, bonuses, stock options further enhance the value of Spotify data scientist positions. You must know that the Spotify data scientist salary differs based on the job position, education, certifications, years of experience, and employee value.
The Spotify interns earn up to $63 per hour, making it one of the highly rewarding jobs in the US. Read on to discover the distribution of Spotify data scientist salary on various factors, the total compensation ranges by location, and tips to crack the Spotify data scientist interview.
Having trained over 10,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the toughest tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
Want to nail your next tech interview? Sign up for our FREE Webinar.
Here's what we'll discuss in the article:
- What Does a Data Scientist Do at Spotify?
- Average Spotify Data Scientist Salary
- Spotify Data Scientist Salary by Job Levels
- Spotify Data Scientist Salary by Location
- Benefits of Working as a Data Scientist in Spotify
- How to Crack a Data Scientist Interview at Spotify
- FAQs on Data Scientist Spotify Salary
What Does a Data Scientist Do at Spotify?
If you are a data scientist at Spotify, you have to use an evidence-based approach to find answers to various problems and rectify them with ease, enhancing the development.
As a Spotify data scientist, you are also responsible for collecting data from Spotify users worldwide, processing it, and releasing accountable results from it. You will also have to communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders across Spotify.
Different Roles of Data Scientist in Spotify
If you are a data scientist at Spotify, you must carry out the following responsibilities.
- Coordinate with other data scientists and engineers, managers, researchers, and designers for better productivity.
- Develop a thorough understanding of how consumers choose their music content and use audio to express themselves.
- Deliver enthralling stories and insights using user-oriented mixed-matched insight development techniques.
- Develop learning agendas, measurement plans, and success measures in collaboration with contributing teams and stakeholders.
Average Spotify Data Scientist Salary
A Spotify data scientist's salary ranges from $150k to $190k annually, which is the highest paid salary at Spotify. The data scientist Spotify salary is $20k more than that of an Engineering Manager. Spotify also pays 19% percent more to its employees than the national average. Here's a summary of the average annual salary of a data scientist at Spotify:
Take a look at the Data Scientist Salary in the United States here.
Spotify Data Scientist Salary by Job Levels
There is a marked difference between a Spotify senior data scientist salary and an associate data scientist Spotify salary. The Spotify data scientist's salary depends upon various factors, such as location, work experience, company experience, and academic qualification.
You can land a Spotify senior data scientist salary or an associate data scientist Spotify salary with just a bachelor's degree if you prepare well for your interview rounds.
The various levels of Spotify data scientist salary are mentioned here for your reference:
Recommended Reading: 10 Factors That Influence Salary Negotiation
Spotify Data Scientist Salary by Location
Here is a list of Spotify data scientists' salary compensation ranges by location for your reference. You can check out which US cities have the highest Data scientist salary at Spotify.
- New York - $190k
- Boston - $201k
- Philadelphia - $174k
Benefits of Working as a Data Scientist at Spotify
If you are working or about to begin your journey at Spotify, you must check out the employee benefits that the company has to offer. You get free meals regularly, a professional work environment, gym courses, a plethora of office events, and much more. Here are some highlights of the various benefits of working in Spotify:
Insurance and Health Benefits
- You get two free meals five days a week along with gym discounts and vision and dental insurance.
- You also get a $1,000 HSA or Health Saving Account which Spotify pays.
- As a data scientist at Spotify, your health benefits will also include Health Insurance, AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- If you are a female employee, you get six months of maternity leave.
- Additional leaves: You get unlimited sick leaves and 23 days of personal leaves per year.
Discounts and Perks
Spotify offers special discounts to its employees, including data scientists. Here are some additional discounts that you get as a Spotify Data scientist.
- As a Spotify data scientist, you get employee credit and an employee discount on services charged by Spotify.
- Your phone bill reimbursement is assisted with $70 per month.
- You also get legal assistance.
If you are a Spotify Data Scientist, you will get the following transportation and commuter benefits, such as:
- Immigration: You get assistance in seeking VISA and other procedures to migrate for work.
- You can choose to work at your nearest Spotify office. Spotify follows a regional transit system where you can easily find the nearest Spotify office and work at your convenience.
- Among other benefits of data scientist salary Spotify covers a full-time job from home, a co-working space, an office, or combined.
How Can You be a Data Scientist at Spotify?
You are eligible for the Spotify Data Scientist position if you satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- You must possess a bachelor's or master's degree in Mathematics (particularly statistics), Economics, Social Science, Psychology, or Computer Science background.
- You also ought to be familiar with Database management and analytic tools like Pandas, SQL, and SPSS and master coding in popular computer languages like Python, R, or Scala.
How to Crack a Data Scientist Interview at Spotify?
You must prepare well to crack a data scientist interview. The data scientist interview includes the following round:
You must practice as many coding problems as possible before your final interview. You can also practice some Python Data Science Interview Questions for your Spotify data scientist interview.
FAQs on Spotify Data Scientist Salary
Q1. What skills should I have to get a high Spotify data scientist salary?
You must have both technical and soft skills to get a good Spotify data scientist salary. Technical skills like programming in computer languages (C, C++, python) working with database and analysis tools include MYSQL, Pandas, Data Visualization tools, for instance, Tableau. You also require soft skills like time management, experience, communication, and research skills to prove yourself eligible for a senior position and a high Spotify data scientist salary.
Q2. Is Spotify a decent place to work?
Spotify is one of the best companies to work for. You are rendered the opportunity to work in high regard. It offers a seamless work-life balance and a healthy workplace culture. Spotify extends multiple work benefits even if you join for a part-time position.
Q3. How much is a Spotify data scientist's salary?
The average Spotify data scientist salary is $190,000 per year, including a $150,000 base salary and a $40,000 incentive. The overall remuneration for a Spotify data scientist in the US is $61,022, which is more than a regular data scientist. Your salary may vary depending upon your area of work and position in the company.
Q4. Is a data scientist job coding-oriented?
Data science is a fast-expanding field, and technological advancements will continue to drive up demand for this particular knowledge. You must know while data science does require some coding, it does not necessitate considerable software engineering or expert programming knowledge.
Q5. What are the major roles of a Spotify Data Scientist?
If you are positioned as a Spotify data scientist, you must keep track of user data and help personalize songs, mixers, albums, and jamming tracks for the users. You are also expected to generate innovative solutions to various problems, such as making it easier for the listeners to pick what to play next. Data scientist salary Spotify largely depends on your key skills and how you handle the various responsibilities entrusted to you.
Crack Your Data Science Interview
If you need help with your prep, join Interview Kickstart's Data Science Interview Course — the first-of-its-kind, domain-specific tech interview prep program designed and taught by FAANG+ instructors. Click here to learn more about the program.
IK is the gold standard in tech interview prep. Our programs include a comprehensive curriculum, unmatched teaching methods, FAANG+ instructors, and career coaching to help you nail your next tech interview.