Data Structures and Algorithms, along with distributed systems design, are crucial parts of FAANG interviews. Recruiters evaluate candidates based on their ability to solve complex problems in these areas. In order to crack these interviews, you’ll need a calibrated prep approach that covers data structures and algorithms in extensive detail.
If you’re looking for the best data structures and algorithms course to nail coding interviews at FAANG and tier-1 companies, Interview Kickstart has one tailored just for you!
The program lays extensive emphasis on developing your problem solving skills, enabling you to crack interviews by becoming a fundamentally better engineer.
Here's what this article will cover:
- What is Interview Kickstart’s Data Structures and Algorithms Course all about?
- Why should you Enroll for a Data Structures and Algorithms Online Course to Crack Coding Interviews at FAANG?
- Why is this Course the best for you?
- More about Interview Kickstart’s Mock Interviews on Data Structures and Algorithms
- How Interview Kickstart’s Course on Algorithms and Data Structures Works
- Is Interview Kickstart’s Data Structures and Algorithms Course the Right Program for you?
- What our Alums have to say?
What is Interview Kickstart’s Data Structures and Algorithms Course all about?
Interview Kickstart is a technical interview training school that helps software engineers crack coding interviews at FAANG and tier-1 companies. The program covers core data structures and algorithms in extensive depth, along with distributed systems design and dedicated training for behavioral interviews.
Interviews at FAANG and tier-1 companies are significantly difficult.Moreover, the acceptance rate is a dismal 2% on average for software engineering roles. This makes it enormously challenging even for experienced engineers.
Well, IK’s program is specifically designed to address this - to help engineers crack the elusive FAANG code. Through an exhaustive and structured prep strategy for coding interviews, IK has helped 5,200+ engineers to land offers at leading technology companies.
Why should you Enroll for a Data Structures and Algorithms Online Course to Crack Coding Interviews at FAANG?
Interviews at FAANG and coveted tier-1 companies including Microsoft, Uber and LinkedIn are a tough nut to crack. Even if you’re a software engineer with years of programming experience, it is literally impossible to crack these interviews without a structured and thorough prep strategy.
Here’s what makes these interviews significantly challenging:
- You’re not tested on your domain knowledge - so your experience automatically becomes irrelevant. You’re only tested on core data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems design.
- You’re asked to explicitly articulate your approach and decisions, and tricky questions are asked based on that.
- The acceptance rate for software engineering positions at top companies is about 2%. A huge percentage of candidates don’t even pass the online coding assignment
- Missing out on preparing for behavioral interviews can prove particularly costly.
Why is this Course the best for you?
IK’s technical interview masterclass extensively covers data structures, distributed systems design, and algorithms.
Additionally, here’s what IK does for you:
- An extensive curriculum: A 2-month intensive training program followed by a support period for 6-months. During the support period, students can schedule one-on-one sessions with IK’s distinguished instructors.
- Become a fundamentally sound problem solver: Distinct emphasis on building problem-solving skills in students. Through this, students develop the ability to solve complex coding questions by applying patterns from previously solved problems. FAANG companies are particularly intent on hiring good problem solvers, and specifically evaluate this train in candidates.
- Learn from the best: Highly qualified and committed instructors who’re currently employed in FAANG and tier-1 companies as hiring managers and technical leads, enabling our students to learn from the absolute best. Through our experienced instructors, students can get direct insights into interview processes for specific roles at specific companies.
- Focus on behavioral interviews: Dedicated training for behavioral interviews, especially considering the increasing weightage of behavioral interviews on the outcome of technical interviews in recent times.
- Frequent curriculum updates: A constantly updated syllabus to meet the growing demands of present-day coding interviews.
- Mock Interviews: 15 live mock interviews with FAANG hiring managers and technical leads. Students can take domain-specific interviews as well.
- Leveraging LinkedIn and boosting your online brand: Special focus on helping students optimize their LinkedIn profile and resume to land interviews with FAANG and reputed tier-1 companies.
- Offer negotiation assistance: 1-1 support during offer negotiation to unlock more juicy offers.
- Spike in annual income: A minimum annual compensation increase of $50,000 after successfully completing IK’s MasterClass.
More about Interview Kickstart’s Mock Interviews on Data Structures and Algorithms
The course isn’t really complete without practicing mock interviews. With mock interviews, you can polish your interviewing skills and know exactly what to do right.
Here’s what’s unique about IK’s mock interviews:
- You can choose when to take them.
- All mock interviews are conducted by FAANG technical leads and hiring managers.
- You can practice domain specific mock interviews as well. For instance, if you’re applying for the position of iOS developer, you can practice mock interviews in this domain.
- You can practice mock interviews with instructors from specific companies while preparing for company-specific interviews.
- You can practice remote interviews to know exactly what the remote interview experience feels like.
How Interview Kickstart’s Course on Algorithms and Data Structures Works
Interview Kickstart’s data structures and algorithms course essentially spans 2-months, followed by a support period for 8-months.
Before the actual program begins, there are two inaugural sessions that take place:
The onboarding session: This session focuses on what you need to know to get the best out of IKs program.
The career alignment session: This session seeks to understand what your career goals are, and how you can catapult your career through the program.
The first two months specifically focus on concepts around data structures and algorithms. Here is what the curriculum covers:
- Sorting Algorithms
- Recursion & Backtracking
- Trees & its Variants
- Linked Lists, Stacks and Queues
- Graphs and its Variants
- Dynamic Programming
The 2-month period also covers topics in distributed systems design. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Object Modeling/API Design
- Scalable Systems
The weekly schedule for the first two months is as follows. The schedule, although fixed, is subject to change based on instructor availability and other factors.
- Friday - You’ll receive the pre-class study material for next week’s topic
- Sunday - Live Class on the week’s topic with a Tier-1 Tech Instructor
- Monday to Wednesday - Dedicate to solving problems and understanding solution patterns
- Thursday - Live Timed Test on the week’s topic, followed by a discussion with the instructor.
The 6-month support period focuses on the following areas:
- Mock interviews with FAANG hiring managers
- Building the optimal LinkedIn profile and resume
- Coding interview success strategy
- Support with offer negotiations
- Training for behavioral interviews
Is Interview Kickstart’s Data Structures and Algorithms Course the Right Program for you?
Well, the program is built for software developers with a minimum work experience of two years.
The program is ideal if you belong to any of these domain roles:
- Automation Testing
- Machine learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Java, Python, C++ or PHP
- Technical Program Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
The program isn’t the right fit for you if you belong to the below-mentioned domain roles:
- Data Engineer
- Database Management
- Data Analytics
- Project Management (non-Technical)
- Any other non-software engineering role
What our Alums have to say?
Interview Kickstart has helped 5,200+ engineers land multiple offers at coveted technology companies. Here’s what some of our alums have to say about us:
i) Swapnil Tailor
Offers: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
“Interview Kickstart is like a fitness coach which guides you to achieve your dream job. It can help you identify your weak points and also suggest steps to improve them.”
ii) Arvind Ranganathan
Offers: Facebook, Amazon, Iterable
“IK helped me craft an effective interview strategy around problem scoping, deciding tradeoffs and coding fluency. Their mock interviews helped me benchmark my performance. I got offers from Amazon and Facebook!”
iii) Flavia Vela
Offers: LinkedIn, Amazon
“The classes, workshops, quizzes, practice problems, and mock interviews provided me with the knowledge, tools, and the feedback that I was missing. Interview Kickstart showed me how to prepare for success.”
iv) Neelesh Tendulkar
Offers: Google, Intuit
“Each instructor-led session was packed with information and there were lots of problems to practice. The course was intense, but it was a great use of my time.”
v) Aliya. M
“This review is long overdue. It's been 2 years since I participated in the IK program. It met all my expectations. They have well-selected problems to practice, good coaches and practice interview opportunities. All the staff are very responsive and approachable, they are like family now. They guide you and give excellent recommendations every step of the way. I started the program while 8-month pregnant, gave birth literally in the middle of the initial 2-month coursework. The outcome depends solely on the student, the more diligent you are, the better results you get. I was able to get about 5-6 competing offers, including a couple from FAANG. I am very happy for all the support and confidence IK has given me!”
How to Enroll for the Course?
In order to enroll for Interview Kickstart’s Masterclass, sign-up for our pre-enrolment webinar with founder Ryan Valles.