Product managers play a key role in companies across industries. However, product managers working in the tech industry are among the highest-paid. Facebook, the tech giant, is known to pay competitive salaries to its employees, and the product manager role is no exception.
Facebook is no longer just the social media platform that it once was. Today, Facebook has multiple brands under it, offering several products and services. To manage these, Facebook is always looking for product managers with different skill sets; but they all have in common software engineering backgrounds.
If you’re gunning for a product manager job at Facebook, check out our interview questions page and salary negotiation ebook to get interview-ready! Also, read Facebook Interview Guide and Facebook Interview Questions for specific insights and guidance on Facebook tech interviews.
Having trained over 6,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the toughest tech interviews. Since 2014, Interview Kickstart alums have been landing lucrative offers from FAANG and Tier-1 tech companies, with an average salary hike of 49%. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $933,000!
Want to nail your next tech interview? Sign up for our FREE Webinar.
In this article, we’ll be focusing on product manager salaries at Facebook. We’ll cover:
- Facebook Product Manager Salary at Different Levels
- Facebook Product Manager Salaries by Location
- Product Manager Salary: Facebook vs. Other Tech Companies
- Benefits for Product Managers at Facebook
- Tips to Prepare for Facebook Product Manager Interview
- FAQs on Facebook Product Manager Salary
Facebook Product Manager Salary at Different Levels
According to Comparably, the average Facebook Product Manager salary is $166,239 annually, which includes a base salary of $148,350 with a $17,889 bonus. This total compensation is $50,265 more than the national average for a Product Manager in the US.
Here’s a breakdown of the different levels of product managers at Facebook, their experience levels, and average salaries:
L3 — Rotational Product Manager (RPM)
- 0-1 year of experience (entry-level product manager)
- Average starting base salary: $119,000
- Salary range: $110,000 to $179,000
L4 — Product Manager
- 1-3 years of experience
- Average base salary: $159,000
- Salary range: $99,000 to $188,000
L5 — Product Manager
- 4-6 years of experience
- Average base salary: $200,000
- Salary range: $112,000 to $233,000
L6 — Product Manager
- 7-9 years of experience (mid-senior role)
- Average base salary: $223,000
- Salary range: $157,000 to $267,000
L7 — Product Manager
- 10-14 years of experience (senior product manager)
- Average base salary: $248,000
- Salary range: $154,000 to $251,000
Facebook Product Manager Salaries by Location
Facebook is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA. The company has offices in 36 states in the US. Following are the 5 highest-paying locations:
- Seattle: $196,402
- Menlo Park: $189,650
- Austin: $166,239
- Bellevue: $139,535
- Boston: $139,181
Product Manager Salary: Facebook vs. Other Tech Companies
If you’re looking for a product manager job at a tech company, it’s a good idea to weigh your options. Here’s a comparison of Facebook’s annual compensation with other top tech companies (average annual salary across levels):
As you can see, Facebook is among the companies that pay high salaries to their product managers. Google is the only company that offers a higher compensation to product managers compared to Facebook.
Recommended Reading: What Is the Highest Salary for Software Engineers at FAANG Companies?
Benefits for Product Managers at Facebook
Facebook not only pays the best compensation to its product managers but is also known for its excellent employee benefit programs. According to employees working at Facebook, the company has a great culture, excellent perks, and is a generous employer that takes care of its workers.
Some of the benefits are:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid leave for new parents
- Retirement plan
- Stock options or equity
- Work from home
- Generous paid time off
- Paid meals
Tips to Prepare for Facebook Product Manager Interview
Product manager interviews are difficult to crack. Given the growing demand for product managers across segments, the number of aspirants is increasing each day. It is important to understand and start preparing rigorously to land a product manager job in your dream company. Read the following articles to start your prep:
- Facebook Coding Interview Questions
- Facebook System Design Interview Questions
- Facebook Behavioral Interview Questions
Interview Kickstart can help you gain an edge over your competitors. We offer the most comprehensive tech interview program that will not only make your basics strong but also hone your soft skills.
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
FAQs on Facebook Product Manager Salary
1. What is the average base salary for a Facebook Product Manager?
The average base salary for a product manager in the United States is $166,239.
2. Is there a gender disparity in how much a Facebook Product Manager makes?
Facebook does not discriminate in terms of salaries to its product managers. It is rated as an equal opportunity provider across functions.