You might wonder if it is possible to clear coding interviews with just two months of prep. The answer is a definite yes, if you take the right prep journey.
If you’re looking for the best coding interview prep course that’ll help you crack tough technical interviews at FAANG companies, you’re just in the right place.
Coding interviews at the biggest tech firms are significantly tricky and difficult. Companies like Google, Facebook and Amazon particularly look to hire erudite programmers who demonstrate the ability to be creative and clever problem solvers.
In all fairness, getting into FAANG and other tier-1 companies is difficult even for experienced engineers with proven aptitude and excellence. This is precisely why you’ll need a structured coding interview preparation course to take you through.
Why Cracking Coding Interviews at Tier-1 Companies is Tough?
Cracking tech interviews is tough for a number of reasons. The number of candidates applying to positions at top companies is enormous. Owing to this, the interview process is contrived in a way that only the best are filtered in.
Here's why cracking technical interviews is such a steep challenge, requiring you to opt for a coding interview preparation course.
- Regardless of what domain you're adept with, you're tested elaborately on core Data Structures and Algorithms.To crack these interviews, you're pretty much expected to be a master in DS and Algorithms. And this takes considerable devotion and time!
- You're expected to be a superb problem solver and demonstrate the ability to solve complex programming problems in a short time-span - This doesn't come easy!
- You'll be asked to substantiate the approach you took, and why you made the decisions you made, while solving the problem. How you articulate will determine how far you'll go. Being confident of the path you took is essential to create a good impression.
- You never know in what fashion you'll have to present your code. Hiring managers often switch between whiteboards, a shared doc, sometimes an unfamiliar coding platform, or even a sheet of paper, perhaps. You can be caught off-guard at any moment if you aren't up to it.
- Your performance in the technical rounds does not determine the final outcome. Candidates go through a behavioral round that seeks to test your temperament, how you handle situations, etc. Even technically sound candidates can often fail to lock an offer, courtesy of falling short in the behavioral round.
Is Two Months Enough for Coding Interview Preparation?
The answer is a definite yes if you know exactly what to do. And in knowing what to do, you must know what areas to focus on and how to calibrate your prep.
If your approach is random and lacks direction and depth, then even 6 months isn't near enough time.
What’s important is to pick a coding interview preparation course that is comprehensive enough.
Interview Kickstart has a comprehensive 2-month interview training program that helps you tread the right path toward cracking significantly tough technical interviews at FAANG and other tier-1 companies.
More about Interview Kickstart's 2 Month Coding Interview Prep Course
If you're fixated on finding the best coding interview preparation course that will give you a ticket to unlock dream offers at the biggest tech companies, here's why you should choose IK's MasterClass over other programs:
- The instructors who train our students to crack these interviews are actively employed as Hiring Managers at FAANG and other tier-1 companies. Owing to their current role exposure, they're aware of how the process works, what's expected of candidates, and what changes take shape over time. Their proximity to the process makes them real forces to reckon with, giving our candidates the much-needed edge they need.
- IK conducts live classes for both technical and behavioral interviews. The course is structured keeping in mind the latest trends in the technical interview landscape.
- 1vs1 Mentorship: A key highlight of IK's program is the 1-on-1 mentorship with highly qualified technical leads and hiring managers who're employed with FAANG companies. Over the course of the 6-month support, you're free to ask questions and clarify answers with your mentor. You're also free to choose your mentor during the support period.
- Live Mock Interviews: A lot of interview training programs have identified the importance of mock interviews in clearing FAANG interviews. Mock interviews, especially with expert professionals, play a crucial role in polishing your interviewing skills. At IK, you're allowed to take as many as 15 live mock interviews with technical leads/hiring managers from FAANG and tier-1 companies.
- Negotiating your offer: The first offer isn't always the best, and our candidates at IK have had the privilege of being offered by more than one company. Several times, candidates find themselves landing 3-4 offers from the biggest tech firms and wondering which one to pick from the lot. IK's 1-on-1 offer negotiation team will help you unlock just the right offer at your dream company.
- Are you currently working? That works! IK's program is specifically designed for working professionals. Classes are spread out evenly, allowing for ample time to practice and prepare.
Here's What Interview Kickstart's 2 Month Coding Interview Preparation Course Covers
In this section, we'll look at the various topics that are covered in IK's 2-month Technical Interview MasterClass. You’ll also understand why IK has the best coding interview prep course in the country.
Note that our program is constantly updated and upgraded as we work very closely with hiring managers from FAANG companies. Our instructors are abreast with developing trends in the world of technical interviews, enabling our students to be thoroughly prepared for what is to come.
Here's what our course covers month-wise.
The first two months are focused on technical training. The following topics are covered as part of our in-depth curriculum.
Month 1 and 2 will cover:
- Sorting Algorithms
- Recursion & Backtracking
- Trees & its Variants
- Linked Lists, Stacks and Queues
- Graphs and its Variants
- Dynamic Programming
The next 6 months will cover:
- Interview Success Strategy
- Building a FAANG-ready resume & LinkedIn profile
- Behavioral Interviews
- Offer Negotiation & Strategy
Is This Program Right for You?
This program is the right fit if you want to land an offer with any of the biggest technology firms in the world.
Regardless of whether you're a fresh graduate or an experienced engineer, the extent of difficulty in cracking these interviews is immense. That's mainly because only 4-5% of candidates make the cut.
This program is the right for software engineers with 2-20 years of coding experience in any of the below-mentioned domains.
- Automation Testing
- Machine learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Java, Python, C++ or PHP
- Technical Program Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
This program is NOT meant for you if your domain background is:
- Data Engineer
- Database Management
- Data Analytics
- Project Management (non-Technical)
- Any other non-software engineering role
Success Rate of the IK Program
The fundamental focus of IK" s program is to help engineers take their careers to the next level.
Engineers who've joined IK's MasterClass have been fortunate to enjoy a success rate of over 95%, making IK's program one of the most sought after in the USA.
Thus far, Interview Kickstart has successfully trained over 4000 engineers land multiple offers with FAANG and tier-1 companies.
If you take up the program and fail to land an offer within 6-months, IK is committed to refunding 50% of your program fees.
Interview Kickstart Program Structure
Interview Kickstart runs multiple cohorts a month, allowing candidates to choose an appropriate time to sign-up for the program.
Let’s look at the program structure in detail:
Onboarding session: The mandatory onboarding session touches upon everything pertaining to the program, how to make best use of the program, and how to come out victorious.
Career Alignment session: This session focuses primarily on understanding the career path you wish to pursue, the relevance of your current experience, and how to go about targeting specific companies of interest. Post this session, your learning will be customized to align with your career goals.
Technical Training on core concepts: first 2 months
The first two months will focus mainly on core technical concepts that feature in technical interviews. Our instructors will help you understand data structures, algorithms, and systems design in considerable depth, helping you solve tricky problems to build your problem-solving skills.
Remember, if you are to crack these interviews, you must practice numerous problems of varying difficulty, allow yourself to think out each problem with clarity, and eventually build your ability to solve knotty problems.
Below is the weekly schedule for the first 2 months of the program:
The weekly schedule will be as follows:
- Friday - You’ll get the pre-class study material for the next week’s topic
- Sunday - Live Class on the week’s topic with a Tier 1 Tech Instructor
- Monday to Wednesday - Solve practice problems
- Thursday - Live Timed Test on the week’s topic, followed by a discussion
Note that the last 2 weeks of the program will focus on domain-specific interviews.
The next 6-months, commonly known as the IK support period, will focus on building your online profile and personal brand to land interviews at top companies.
During this 6-month support period, here’s what you’ll have access to:
- Unlimited live 1-1 technical and career coaching: Clear doubts regarding concepts, attend additional classes if needed, and get help in building your personal brand.
- Unlimited live 1-1 mentorship sessions: Tips on how to go about solving certain problems, and cracking interviews in specific companies
- 15 live mock interviews: Practice mock interviews with FAANG hiring managers and get valuable feedback on your progress. Mock interviews are available after the 2-month program.
What our Alumni Have to Say
1. Neelesh Tendulkar
Offers: Google, Intuit
"Each instructor-led session was packed with information, and there were lots of problems to practice. The course was intense, but it was a great use of my time"
2. Flavia Vela
Offers: LinkedIn, Amazon
"The classes, workshops, quizzes, practice problems, and mock interviews provided me with the knowledge, tools, and the feedback that I was missing. Interview Kickstart showed me how to prepare for success."
3. Michael Huston
Offers: Databricks, Airbnb, Amazon
"I can't think of a better recipe for tech interview success than combining the Interview Kickstart program with hard work. The program made my prep much more effective and eliminated surprises from the interview process."