Software engineers at Capital One Financial Corporation enjoy a wide range of benefits, making it one of the top companies to work for in the United States. The average Capital One software engineer salary in the United States is $122,646. This includes a base pay average of $121,000, a $5,500 cash bonus, and $2,854 worth of stock, making it one of the top-paying companies in the US for software engineers.
Capital One is a leading American financial institution that offers a wide range of financial services, including auto loans, credit cards, personal credit, savings accounts, and other banking-related services. It is fundamentally a bank holding company and is one of the largest in the United States. The bank is known for its innovative adoption and integration of technology into its services and business operations.
In this article, we’ll look at Capital One software engineer salaries across all levels. We’ll also look at the benefits offered to Capital One employees, the responsibilities of software engineers at Capital One, and also compare Capital One software engineer salaries with other companies.
Having trained over 10,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the toughest tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
Want to nail your next tech interview? Sign up for our FREE Webinar.
Here’s what we’ll discuss in the article:
- Average Capital one software engineer salary across all levels
- Skills required to be a successful software engineer at Capital one
- Benefits offered to software engineers at Capital One
- Capital one software engineer salary vs. other top companies
- FAQs on Capital One software engineer salary in the United States
Average Capital One Software Engineer Salary Across All Levels
Here’s a breakdown of Capital One Software Engineer Salary at different levels:
As seen from the above table, Capital One offers lucrative salaries to software engineers, much above the average software engineer salary in the United States (around $84k).
Essential Skills Required for Capital One Software Engineers
Below is the set of essential skills required to become a software engineer at Capital One:
- A degree in computer science or a related field in IT, depending on the position
- Working knowledge of coding languages, such as Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and databases
- Knowledge of different operating system environments
- Knowledge of Network systems and protocols
Additional Benefits Offered to Software Engineers at Capital One
Apart from being offered lucrative salaries, software engineers at capital enjoy a spate of other benefits. Some notable employee benefits include:
- Medical, accidental, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Roth 401K
- Counseling services
- Recreational facilities
- Wellness benefits
- Transportation benefits
- Stock options: A three-year vesting schedule, 33% vests each year
Capital One Software Engineer Salaries vs. FAANG Companies
Capital One pays excellent salaries to software engineers, making it one of the top companies to work for if you’re a software engineer.
The table below compares the salaries of Capital One software engineers with top tech companies.
As you can see, Apple pays the highest salaries to software engineers in the United States.
FAQs on Capital One Software Engineer Salary in the United States
- What is the average Capital One software engineer salary in the United States?
The average Capital One software engineer salary in the United States is $122,646 per year.
- What are some employee benefits offered to software engineers at Capital One?
Some employee benefits that Capital One software engineers enjoy include insurance benefits (health, life, medical, dental, accidental and vision), maternity and paternity leave, adoption assistance, counseling services, wellness benefits, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, and Roth 401k.
- What is the average lead software engineer salary at Capital One?
The total average lead software engineer salary at Capital One is $219,000 per year.
- Are stock options available to Capital One software engineers?
Yes, stock options are available to software engineers at Capital One. Stock options come with a vesting period of 3 years – 33% vests every year.
- What is the average stock bonus offered to Capital One software engineers?
The average stock bonus offered to Capital One software engineers is $2854.
Get Ready for Your Upcoming Tech Interview
If you want to get started with your interview prep and wish to give it your best shot, register for Interview Kickstart’s FREE webinar to understand the best way to prepare for tech interviews at the biggest companies.
IK is the gold standard in tech interview prep. Our programs include a comprehensive curriculum, unmatched teaching methods, FAANG+ instructors, and career coaching to help you nail your next tech interview.
We’ve trained thousands of engineers to land dream offers at the biggest companies, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and Netflix, among others. Check out some reviews to learn more.