A Technical Program Manager (TPM) at Facebook works cross-functionally with other business and technical execution teams to build the company’s network. The job role includes deploying hardware, network, product release, etc., to meet the specific company goals.
The task is certainly complicated, but the salary and other employee perks that this FAANG company offers attract thousands of software engineers to build a career out of it.
If you are preparing for a tech interview, check out our interview questions page and salary negotiation e-book to get interview-ready! Also, read Facebook Interview Process Guide to get specific insights into Facebook’s tech interview process.
Having trained over 6,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the toughest tech interviews. Since 2014, Interview Kickstart alums have been landing lucrative offers from FAANG and Tier-1 tech companies, with an average salary hike of 49%. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $933,000!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
Want to nail your next tech interview? Sign up for our FREE Webinar.
In this article, we’ll focus on the Facebook TPM salary and other benefits of working at Facebook.
- Facebook Technical Program Manager by Levels
- Salary Breakdown of a Facebook Technical Program Manager
- Facebook TPM Salary by Location
- 4 Benefits of Being a Technical Program Manager at Facebook
- 5 Tips to Ace Your Facebook Technical Program Manager Interview
- FAQs on Facebook TPM Role
Facebook Technical Program Manager by Levels
We have compiled data from multiple resources and reviews of ex-employees to give you an idea about the average Technical Program Manager salary at Facebook.
According to Indeed, the average salary of a Technical Program Manager at Facebook in the US is $120,700 per year.
However, the salary increases as the level increases. In fact, based on your years of experience, the salary can differ even within the same level.
Here is an estimate of how much you will make as a TPM at Facebook, based on your level and experience:
Recommended Reading: Facebook Technical Program Manager Roles and Responsibilities
Salary Breakdown of a Facebook Technical Program Manager
The salary of a Facebook Technical Program Manager comprises of the following three main components:
- Base: As the name suggests, this is the minimum or fixed salary that a Technical Program Manager receives irrespective of any factor. The average base salary for this job role is around $200 000.
- Bonus: This is variable. Still, to give you an idea, a TPM at Facebook is expected to receive an average bonus of $30 000.
- Stock: These are called Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), which are issued to the employees. Once vested, depending upon the company's vesting schedule, the employees can trade it freely. For instance, a Technical Program Manager receives $70,000 as stock payment.
Facebook TPM Salary by Location
Mentioned below are a few of the location-wise salaries of Facebook TPMs:
- New York - $117,301
- Bellevue - $111,992
- Boston - $106,962
- Fremont - $128,119
- Los Angeles - $111,165
- Menlo Park - $130,266
- San Francisco - $125,846
- Redmond - $110,177
4 Benefits of Being a Technical Program Manager at Facebook
Glassdoor rates Facebook at 4.0 based on employee reviews and ranks it at 11 on the Best Workplaces list of 2021. At the same time, the 4.1 rating on Indeed shows that the employees are satisfied with the associated benefits they receive while working at Facebook.
Let's take a look at the top 4 benefits of working at Facebook:
- Health: Facebook offers medical, dental, and vision insurance to all its employees. It also provides a health reimbursement facility. Additionally, wellness programs, like insurance cover for transgender individuals, autism, cancer care, etc., are also available.
- Family: The company offers paid leaves to new parents and covers additional family care requirements, like a flexible spending account.
- Financial: If you are an employee at Facebook, you can receive a competitive retirement plan, insurance covers, tax consultation, equity reward, and more.
- Work Flexibility: Facebook is known for its work flexibility and also offers a 30-days paid break every five years.
So, are you looking forward to becoming a Technical Program Manager at Facebook?
If yes, make sure you have over 7 years of experience as tech lead of a product or program management, coupled with other additional qualifications. If you meet the eligibility criteria, continue reading our effective tips to crack your next Facebook interview.
5 Tips to Ace Your Facebook Technical Program Manager Interview
Cracking interviews at the FAANG companies, especially Facebook, is challenging. According to Gayle McDowell, the author of “Cracking the Interview Code,” a candidate on Facebook is asked similar questions as the other applicant, and the performance is compared between the two. Thus, your unique approach to solving a problem can make a difference.
Here are some expert tips for your tech interview prep:
- Be prepared to explain your educational background and why you are the perfect fit for this role.
- Before sitting for an interview, make sure to research the company well. Expect questions like "Why Facebook?." It seems generic, but it is difficult to answer. Hence, prepare for it.
- It is a technical interview. So, be ready to showcase your technical knowledge and your previous experiences. Questions like "Tell me about a project you have managed?" "Tell me about the architectural design of the project," etc., are pretty common.
- Prepare for a mock interview with your peers to uplevel your confidence.
- And lastly, remember to speak clearly and in a concise manner.
With the right preparation, hard work, and a streamlined work approach, you can land a job at Facebook as a Technical Program Manager.
Microsoft Program Manager Interview Process and Prep
Google Technical Program Manager Interview Questions
Amazon Technical Program Manager Interview Questions
FAQs on Facebook TPM Role
1. How long is the interview process for a Facebook technical program manager?
The overall hiring process takes 4-8 weeks and includes around 7 interviews.
2. What is the average salary of a Technical Program Manager in Seattle?
The estimated annual income of a Technical Program Manager at Facebook in Seattle is $109,869.
3. If I fail one Facebook TPM interview, can I reapply for the same role?
Yes. Facebook permits you to reapply for a similar or another role after one year.
Note: All the information is as per the data available at the time of publishing. Please double-check with your recruiter to get the latest information.
Crack the Facebook TPM Interview!
If you need help with your prep, join Interview Kickstart’s Technical Program Manager Interview Masterclass — the first-of-its-kind tech interview prep program designed specifically for TPMs. Click here to learn more about the program.
With our program, you get access to a comprehensive curriculum, unmatched teaching methods, FAANG+ instructors, and career coaching, which will help you nail your next tech interview.
Sign up for our FREE webinar to uplevel your career!