Machine Learning automation has brought a revolution by minimizing human involvement in numerous daily tasks. With being self-capable to even generate desired data, it can also process it all alone with transparency on the mechanism. The rise of Machine Learning automation or AI Machine Learning automation is simplifying and accelerating the data science field. Leveraging cutting-edge technologies, AutoML has empowered individuals and organizations in different fields. To explore and understand automated Machine Learning or autoML and its applications, here is a brief description from different perspectives.
Here’s what you learn on the topic:
- What is AutoML or Automated Machine Learning?
- Types of AutoML forAutomating Core ML Tasks
- Applications of Automated Machine Learning
- Automated Machine Learning with Interview Kickstart
- Frequently Asked Questions on Automated Machine Learning
What is AutoML or Automated Machine Learning?
Machine Learning is the field of Artificial Intelligence that focuses on training the machine to learn, predict and decide. The aforesaid is achieved through algorithm development and modeling without the requirement of programming. It is achieved through obtaining and preprocessing the data, followed by model generation and training it to gain the desired output.
Automated Machine Learning or AutoML emphasizes on automation of all the machine learning processes. It is applied to gain and further ease the accessibility, user-friendliness and efficiency of data science for individuals and organizations. Examples of automated tasks through AutoML are data preprocessing, feature and model selection, hyperparameter tuning and model deployment.
Types of AutoML for Automating Core ML Tasks
AutoML automates too many processes. However, there are a few different kinds of AutoML types that help in different processes. We will cover the four important types along with other essential types of AutoML.
Four Important Types of AutoML
- Hyperparameter Optimization (HPO): This helps to find the best hyperparameter combination for the specific machine learning model. It uses techniques such as random and grind search, population-based methods, Bayesian optimization and others to find optimal hyperparameters.
- Neural Architecture Search (NAS): It also functions to find the best fit, but the concern here is optimal neural network architecture. It is particularly of significance in deep learning tasks and uses techniques like reinforcement learning-based NAS and evolutionary algorithms.
- Meta-learning: It is a broad concept of training machines and involves the application of all the functions and tasks required for machine automation. Hence, the automation again focuses on network architectures, model hyperparameters, pipeline configurations, evaluation performance and training time. It uses hyperparameter tuning, algorithm selection, meta-feature extraction and building ensemble methods.
- Data preprocessing and feature engineering: It automates the initial step of data handling and creation of relevant features of Machine Learning tasks. It eases to handle messy or complex datasets and extract meaningful insights. Data cleaning, scaling, normalization, and definite and variable encoding are among the techniques utilized here.
Other Essential Types of AutoML
- Time series forecasting: Automation is applied to automate the prediction tasks that involve time-dependent data. It is crucial for accurate forecasting models such as stock price prediction. Time series-specific algorithms, season decomposition and ARIMA are used here.
- Model selection: It uses the hit-and-trial method to identify the best Machine Learning algorithm or model architecture for a task. The different models and algorithms here are tried and evaluated, followed by the comparison of results.
- Natural Language Processing: AutoML also aims to automate NLP-based tasks such as sentiment analysis, text classifications and others, which are useful for model selection and fine-tuning. Pre-training language models like BERT and GPT, along with transfer learning, are applied for automation.
- Computer Vision: Besides text data, image-based processing also needs to be automated. Hence, computer vision-based automation focuses on image classification, image segmentation and object detection. It requires pre-trained convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and transfer learning.
- Auto-ensembling: It aims to create ensembles to optimize the prediction-based performance for more accuracy in prediction. Different algorithms and variations are utilized here, using stacking, boosting and bagging. It also includes hyperparameter tuning.
- Model deployment: AutoML for model deployment automates the process of deployment of Machine Learning models into production or real-world applications. It includes API creation, monitoring, scalability and containerization for automation.
Automated Machine Learning in Data Science
The types of automated Machine Learning are specific to different core functionalities of machine learning. The data science applications are different owing to the development of newer techniques. Here is a walkthrough of them:
- Explainable AI (XAI): Transparency into decision-making and processing to reach the provided output is critical to know. Unless the unreliability of machines persists, humans themself must be aware of the decision-making process for a base of reliance. Explainable AI bridges this gap.
- Graph Neural Networks (GNNs): The results obtained from different experiments and data capable of graphical representation should have specific criteria for handling. GNNs offer the same in the era of increasing complexity and interconnections in operations.
- Synthetic Data Generation: Improper data or lack of data in certain fields is challenging. AutoML aids data science through synthetic data generation, which helps to generate diverse data types.
- Data augmentation: The existing data modification is of importance in a large number of datasheets. Automating the process improves model performance and increases accuracy.
- Reinforcement learning (RL): Recommendation systems need to be automated and should be updated with human preference. Handling millions of human profiles, automation is the only method to keep up with demand. The automation aims to provide a personalized approach.
- Federated learning (FL): It is utilized to ensure safety by bypassing the data exchange. Automation learning comes from decentralized devices and serves to meet privacy regulations.
- Quantum Machine Learning: Speed is the prime requirement only when coupled with accuracy. Quantum ML delivers the same while utilizing and combining the concepts of quantum physics and ML. It eases data processing and analysis tasks to aid the data scientist.
Automated Machine Learning with Interview Kickstart
In the times when Machine Learning is already in trend, we have come way forward to automated ML. Keeping up with all the information, tools, technologies and important concepts is neither necessary nor possible. Choosing a specific field and the right guidance helps in clearing the clutter and giving direction in such a mess. Interview Kickstart aids in many more endeavors rather than sole guiding. The personalized guidance from our team, along with a brush up of your known information, is of help. Besides, recruiter-based preparation to crack the interviews of top MNCs, including FAANG+ companies, is of immense importance in reaching the peak of your career. To enlighten yourself more about your career, connect with our experts for guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions on Automated Machine Learning
Q1. What are the benefits of automated machine learning?
Ans. The benefits of automated Machine Learning are time and resource efficiency, reduced human bias, faster, more accurate and efficient model development, deployment and performance, accessibility and multiple others.
Q2. What is the difference between RPA and AI in Machine Learning?
Ans. RPA refers to Robotic Process Automation. It encompasses the usage of software robots for the automation of repetitive and rule-based tasks in business processes. AI in Machine Learning also automates the tasks but through decision-making post-training and learning from the data.
Q3. What are some examples of AI and machine learning in everyday life?
Ans. Virtual assistants like Alexa, Siri, Netflix, Flipkart, Amazon, and other recommendations, preference-based Google and Facebook advertising, and multiple others are examples of AI and Machine Learning in everyday life.
Q4. What is the best AutoML platform?
Ans. The top automated Machine Learning platforms are SKLearn. PyCaret, MLBox, Rapid/miner and others.
Q5. What automated Machine learning can not do?
Ans. Automated Machine Learning is incapable of practicing domain expertise, defining the problem, enhancing data quality, customization, complex feature engineering and much more.
Q6. What are the two main categories of AI?
Ans. The two main categories of AI are Narrow/weak AI or Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI) and general AI or Artificial General Intelligence (AGI).