Top IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions
As automation is one of IMC's primary goals, software engineers are well compensated at the company. The IMC Trading software engineer interview process consists of multiple rounds to test candidates on all fronts to ensure that they hire only the best.
As you begin your preparation, review topics such as data structures and algorithms, among others. Several IMC Trading software engineer interview questions have been observed to be based on these concepts.
Having trained over 13,500 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the most challenging tech interviews. Our alums consistently land offers from FAANG+ companies. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $1.267 Million!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
To help you prepare for the IMC Trading software engineer interview questions, in this article, we’ll be covering:
- An Overview of IMC Trading
- Eligibility Criteria for IMC Trading Software Engineer
- IMC Trading Software Engineer: Role and Responsibilities
- IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions
- FAQs on IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions
An Overview of IMC Trading
IMC, an ambitious company, is swiftly working its way towards becoming one of the leading trading firms worldwide. The company continuously improves and innovates to stay ahead of the competition and elevate performance.
The company has a very employee-friendly environment. They believe in giving them lots of responsibilities from the beginning so that their ideas are recognized and even implemented. In this manner, they’ve inculcated a space where everyone supports each other, challenges the status quo, and makes a difference.
Eligibility Criteria for IMC Trading Software Engineer
To qualify for the software engineer position at IMC Trading, you’ll need to have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field of study. You’ll need to have an overall mark of at least a Distinction average or equivalent.
- Good analytical skills and eagerness to solve complex problems programmatically.
- In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience using at least one programming language (Java or C++ preferred).
- Amicable attitude since you’ll interact and collaborate with non-engineers in a constantly changing environment.
Tip: You can expect a lot of IMC Trading software engineer interview questions on algorithms and data structures. So prepare accordingly.
IMC Trading Software Engineer: Role and Responsibilities
As a software engineer, you’ll be a part of the team working on software that lets the traders understand the changing markets and control long-term decisions. You’ll also be configuring the trading platform covering a variety of tools.
These tools include trades analysis, data visualization, market modeling, and the components used by traders to control the execution platforms. So essentially, you’ll be working directly with the traders using the software.
In a nutshell, you’ll be:
- Optimizing compile times, improving the code quality systems, and simplifying the software processes to enhance engineers’ daily workflow.
- Leading the engineering efforts, from designing to implementation and solving complex technical challenges.
- Designing and building infrastructure that’ll support the development, build, test, and release processes.
- Driving the adoption of the best practices in the industry.
- Collaborating with the other teams to ensure that the quality of work is maintained.
IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions
The major topics you can expect in the IMC Trading software engineer interview questions are:
- Technical whiteboard coding
- Data structures
Sample IMC Trading Technical Interview Questions:
- Differentiate between a Set and a List.
- Do you think Quicksort is the fastest sorting algorithm?
- How would you describe “recursion” to a non-technical person?
- Can signed and unsigned integers store the same number of values?
- Explain HashMap to a non-technical person.
- Differentiate between a stack and a queue.
- Implement a stack with the ability to add numbers to multiple elements in O(1).
- Find the minimum number of moves needed for a knight on a chessboard to move to the target square.
- How would you implement the custom stack with the getMin() method in O(1) time?
- Are immutable objects thread-safe?
- Determine the data structures and algorithms for a library system.
- How would you develop an algorithm to determine the location of "artifacts" on a grid?
Sample IMC Trading Behavioral Interview Questions:
- Which has been your favorite project you’ve worked on to date?
- Tell us about a weakness of yours.
- How did you find out about this opportunity, and what interested you?
- Why do you want to join IMC?
While we can’t guarantee you’ll get these same questions, you can expect them to be along these lines. So when prepping for IMC Trading software engineer interview questions, make sure that you prepare accordingly.
If you want some help putting together your full-stack developer portfolio, read How to Create an Impressive Full Stack Developer Portfolio.
FAQs on IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions
Q1. How to get a software engineer job at IMC Trading?
To get into IMC as a software engineer, you’ll have to prepare a mix of technical and behavioral questions. In technical interviews, you can expect questions on algorithms, data structures, and coding.
Q2. What degree do you need to become a software engineer at IMC Trading?
A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field of study to qualify for the position.
Q3. How long does IMC Trading take to respond after an interview?
According to the reviews submitted by users on glassdoor.com, IMC Trading takes around 22 days to respond on average.
Q4. Is IMC Trading a good company to work for?
Based on the 176 reviews provided on glassdoor.com, IMC Trading has a rating of 4.5 out of 5. Further, 88% of the employees would recommend the company to a friend.
Q5. What are some behavioral IMC Trading software engineer interview questions?
Some questions you can expect are — What is the project that you are proud of? How do you handle challenges? Why do you want to work at IMC?
Want to Crack IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions?
Interview Kickstart offers interview preparation courses taught by FAANG tech leads and seasoned hiring managers. We have trained thousands of software engineers to crack the toughest interviews at Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and other top tech companies.
Register for our FREE webinar to learn more!