AngularJS interview questions are a crucial part of coding interviews. You can expect basic and advanced AngularJS interview questions in your technical interview.
If you are preparing for a tech interview, check out our technical interview checklist, interview questions page, and salary negotiation e-book to get interview-ready! Also, read Amazon Coding Interview Questions, Facebook Coding Interview Questions, and Google Coding Interview Questions for specific insights and guidance on Coding interview preparation.
Having trained over 9,000 software engineers, we know what it takes to crack the most challenging tech interviews. Since 2014, Interview Kickstart alums have landed lucrative offers from FAANG and Tier-1 tech companies, with an average salary hike of 49%. The highest ever offer received by an IK alum is a whopping $933,000!
At IK, you get the unique opportunity to learn from expert instructors who are hiring managers and tech leads at Google, Facebook, Apple, and other top Silicon Valley tech companies.
Want to nail your next tech interview? Sign up for our FREE Webinar.
In this article, we’ve curated the most popular Angular JS interview questions for fresher and experienced developers. These questions are based on basic and advanced AngularJS concepts. Let’s take a look at what we’ll learn:
- AngularJS Interview Questions and Answers
- AngularJS Basic Questions for Interview
- AngularJS Unit Testing Interview Questions
- AngularJS Coding Interview Questions
- FAQs on AngularJS Interview Questions
Take a look at Angular Interview Questions you must prepare for in 2022.
AngularJS Interview Questions and Answers
Let us look at some sample AngularJS interview questions and answers to help you with your preparation:
Q1: Define dependency injection in AngularJS.
The process of injecting the dependent objects instead of being created by the consumer is called dependency injection. Dependency injection also makes testing and decoupling easier.
Q2: How can SPA be implemented in AngularJS.
SPA can be implemented in AngularJS with the help of Angular routes.
Q3: How will you decrease the digest cycle time?
We can decrease the digest cycle time by decreasing the number of watchers. This can be achieved by using web worker, one-time Angular binding, cache DOM, working in batches, and removing unnecessary watchers.
Q4: Talk about e2e testing in AngularJS applications.
End-to-end testing or e2e testing refers to thoroughly testing an application to figure out if every component is working correctly or not. It helps in catching issues related to an application’s integration and flow.
Q5: What are some common ways modules can communicate with each other in an application using core AngularJS functionality?
Modules can communicate with each other using services or events, by assigning models on $rootScope, directly between controllers using $parent, $$nextSibling, $$childHead, ControllerAs, or other forms of inheritance.
Check the top Angular 2 Interview Questions and topics here.
AngularJS Basic Questions for Interview
Next, we’ve listed some basic AngularJS interview questions to help you with your coding interview preparation:
- What is AngularJS, and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
- In the context of AngularJS, define and describe the following:
- Data binding
- Dependency Injection
- Validation of data
- Factory method
- Strict conceptual escaping
- Global API
- Auto Bootstrap Process
- Manual Bootstrap Process
- Custom filters
- Currency filter
- Linking function
- Factory method
- Single Page Application (SPA)
- Differentiate between:
- AngularJS and Nodejs
- one-way and two-way binding
- AngularJS and jQuery
- AngularJS and Backbone and Knockout
- Uppercase filter and lowercase filter
- DOM and BOM
- link function and compile
- Describe the usage of the following in AngularJS:
- Prefixes $ and $$
- Scopeless controller
- Find index
- deep linking
- AngularJS boot process
- What’s the maximum number of scopes an application can have?
- Describe how logs are maintained in AngularJS.
- What would find index return if it finds no value?
- Is there a way to set an Angular variable from a PHP session variable without sending an HTTP request?
- How will you make an ajax call using AngularJS?
- How can we implement internationalization in AngularJS?
- Can we have two ng-app directives for one Angular application?
- Write the syntax for introducing a new date object.
- Can the parent controller access the methods of a child controller?
- Can a child controller access the methods of the parent controller?
- Talk about the different types of directives available in AngularJS?
- Describe the compilation process of AngularJS.
- Does AngularJS work well with all browsers?
- How will you set, get, and clear cookies in AngularJS?
Go through the top Angular 7 Interview Questions to prepare for your next interview.
AngularJS Unit Testing Interview Questions
With the basics covered, take a look at these AngularJS Unit Testing Interview Questions:
- What is unit testing in AngularJS?
- Why do we use unit testing in AngularJS?
- What is used to run unit tests in Angular?
- Is it OK to configure TestBed after calling createComponent?
- What is karma in testing?
- What is the difference between async ()' and fakeAsync?
- What is a fixture in Angular testing?
- What is fixture detectChanges()?
- Explain e2e testing of AngularJS applications.
- What is the most popular e2e testing tool for AngularJS?
- How does e2e testing of an AngularJS application works?
- Between modules of an application, which means of communication are easily testable?
- What is Protractor?
Here’s a comprehensive guide to Angular 6 Interview Questions.
AngularJS Coding Interview Questions
Finally, here are some AngularJS coding interview questions to help you assess your preparation:
- What are some ways to communicate between modules of an application with the help of core AngularJS functionality?
- When a scope terminates, why are there two similar destroy events fired, and what is their use?
- How would you reset a $timeout?
- How would you disable a $watch()?
- What are the phases of a directive definition function execution?
- How are directives instantiated?
- How do the following work:
- Digest phase
- Explain the following in AngularJS:
- A digest cycle
- ng-repeat directive
- Custom directives
- AngularJS BootStrap process
- Constants ng-hide
- Directive injector
- Provider Method
- ng-Switch Directive
- ng-include, Click, and Repeat directive
- ng-disabled Directive
- ng-app directive
- One-Way data binding
- ngClass directive
- Double click event
- Event handling
- Representational State Transfer (REST)
- How can we improve performance in an AngularJS app?
- How does $rootScope relate to $scope?
- What is the main change you’d need to make when migrating from AngularJS 1.4 to AngularJS 1.5?
- What are the key features of AngularJS?
- List and explain the different types of:
- Directives scope
- Hierarchy scope
- Is AngularJS compatible with all browsers?
- How would you implement the following in AngularJS:
- What are the benefits of dependency injection?
- How would you convert text to uppercase using AngularJS?
- Why are we using AngularJS, and what are the advantages of AngularJS?
- Why do we use $http service or ajax request in AngualrJS?
- Why would you use or create Services?
- Why do developers choose AngularJS?
- What attributes can we use when creating new AngularJS Directives?
- Discuss compile & link in Custom Directives.
- What are the characteristics of “Scope”?
We hope that these chosen Java AngularJS interview questions on coding, unit testing, and other basic and advanced concepts will prepare you for your technical interview. Be thorough with the fundamentals of AngularJS to nail your coding interview.
FAQs on AngularJS Interview Questions
- How do I prepare for an AngularJS interview?
- Why do we use $$ in AngularJS?
$$ registers a callback to be executed when the model property changes.
- What do $$watchers store?
$$watchers stores all the watches associated with the scope.
- Which community does AngularJS belong to?
- What are some of the most important features of AngularJS?
Some of the essential features of AngularJS are Data binding, architecture, directives, Dependency Injection, deep linking, speed, performance, and that it’s codeless and is not browser-specific.
Ready to Nail Your Next Coding Interview?
Whether you’re a Coding Engineer gunning for Software Developer or Software Engineer roles, a Tech Lead, or you’re targeting management positions at top companies, IK offers courses specifically designed for your needs to help you with your technical interview preparation!
If you’re looking for guidance and help with getting started, sign up for our FREE webinar. As pioneers in the field of technical interview preparation, we have trained thousands of software engineers to crack the toughest coding interviews and land jobs at their dream companies, such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Amazon, and more!