Intuit Inc. is a global technology company headquartered in Mountain View, California. Intuit’s products and solutions help its customers and communities resolve crucial financial problems.
Intuit is present in over 20 locations across 9 different countries, the US being its largest market. The company posted a revenue of $7.7 billion for the year 2020.
Intuit is an innovation-driven company working with the latest technologies in the fields of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to build cutting-edge financial platforms.
The company is famed for its employee-friendly culture and believes that diversity fuels innovation. Intuit promotes an ethical and inclusive workplace focused on growing talent through exemplary work and unique opportunities.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career at Intuit, you’re probably wondering how much software engineers make at the company.
You’re probably also interested in how Intuit wages stack up against other tech companies.
In this article, we delve into the various aspects of software engineering compensation at Intuit:
- How Much do Software Engineers at Intuit Earn
- Intuit Software Engineer Salary — Stock Options
- Intuit Software Engineer Salary — Benefits
- Intuit Software Engineer Salary by Location
- Software Engineer Salary — Intuit vs. Other Technology Companies
- How to Become a Software Engineer at Intuit
- How to Crack the Intuit Coding/Technical Interview
Intuit Salaries — How Much Do Software Engineers at Intuit Earn?
According to Glassdoor, a software engineer at Intuit can expect to earn an average total pay of $129,623 per year. This includes bonuses and other compensation figures.
Annual salaries for software engineers at Intuit range from $84,403 - $238,745.
This estimate is based upon 946 Intuit Software Engineer salary reports provided by employees registered on GlassDoor.
Intuit Senior Software Engineer Salary vs. Junior Software Engineer Salary
Salaries for software engineers/coding engineers and software developers at Intuit are quite competitive across all levels i.e., for fresh graduates at entry-level positions to senior level engineers.
- Intuit Senior Software Engineer salary: A senior software engineer can expect an average annual salary of about $368,000.
- Intuit Junior Software Engineer salary: An entry-level software engineer earns an average annual salary of about $141,000.
Salary, here, indicates total compensation figures, including base salary, stock options, and bonus.
Intuit Software Engineer — Salary Levels
Software engineering salaries at Intuit vary according to job levels.
Software Engineer 1
- Experience required: 0 - 1 year
- Total compensation: $141,000
Software Engineer 2
- Experience required: 2 - 5 years
- Total compensation: $169,000
Senior Software Engineer
- Experience required: 3 - 13 years
- Total compensation: $219,000
Staff Software Engineer
- Experience required: 7 - 15 years
- Total compensation: $291,000
Principal / Architect
- Experience required: 7 - 18 years
- Total compensation: $368,000
Intuit Software Engineer Salary — Stock Options
Intuit issues stock options to its employees based on job levels.
A stock option is the right to purchase a certain number of shares of a company's stock at a predetermined price known as the "exercise" or "strike price.'' Stock options are benefits companies offer employees as a performance-based reward.
Outlined below is a look at how stock options are issued to Intuit software engineers at different levels.
- Software Engineer 1: $14,000
- Software Engineer 2: $23,000
- Senior Software Engineer: $41,000
- Staff Software Engineer: $68,000
- Principal / Architect: $99,000
Intuit Software Engineer Salary — Benefits
Intuit is known for its employee-centric culture and attractive benefits. This is a key reason the IT giant was ranked 11th in Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list.
The employee benefit programs at Intuit include the following:
Insurance, Health, and Wellness
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Occupational Accident Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Mental Health Care
- Retiree Health and Medical
Financial and Retirement
- 401K Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Stock Options
- Performance Bonus
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Supplemental Workers' Compensation
Family and Parenting
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Fertility Assistance
- Adoption Assistance
- Dependent Care
- Family Medical Leave
- Military Leave
- Unpaid Extended Leave
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Work From Home
Vacation and Time-off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Paid Time-off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
Perks and Discounts
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Gym Membership
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance
- Commuter Checks & Assistance
- Travel Concierge
- Company Social Events
- Pet-Friendly Workplace
- Job Training
- Professional Development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diversity Program
(All perks and benefits are based on responses posted by Intuit employees on Glassdoor)
Intuit Software Engineer Salary by Location
Intuit operates six offices across the United States, employing software engineers at all levels.
Below are the average salary figures of five Intuit office locations in the US.
- Idaho - $120,384
- San Diego - $120,000
- Nevada - $116,744
- San Francisco - $109,368
- Texas - $107,476
Software Engineer Salary — Intuit vs. Other Technology Companies
The average annual Intuit Software Engineer salary is $129,623. This is inclusive of base salary, stock options, and bonuses.
Outlined below are the average salaries for software engineers at other tech companies.
- Uber - $122,413
- JP Morgan - $100,000
- IBM - $106,867
- Birlasoft - $98,600
- Cerner - $72,000
Related reading: How an IK Alum Secured a $933k Offer from Facebook
How to Become a Software Engineer at Intuit
Below is a job posting on Glassdoor for the role of Software Engineer 2 at Intuit.
This explains the areas/years of experience, skills, and education needed to land a software engineer job at Intuit.
- Experience with AWS, cloud deployment, and DevOps mindset.
- Experience with UI-based applications and UI design patterns.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in writing scalable backend services.
- Experience with automation frameworks is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process.
- Solid communication skills; demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
How to Crack the Intuit Coding/Technical Interview
Landing a software engineer or software developer role at Intuit is a competitive process requiring sound preparation.
A structured interview prep plan along with extensive practice of coding and tech-related problems can help you succeed at the Intuit tech interview.
Mock interviews are a great way to improve your interview performance.
Practicing interview skills with industry professionals is the most effective way to improve your interview performance.
At Interview Kickstart, we have built a community of tech professionals and career coaches from FAANG+ companies to guide you and teach you winning interview prep strategies and tips to crack technical interviews.
Our team has helped over 6,000 software engineers crack the toughest technical interviews to land top offers and negotiate lucrative salaries at their dream companies.
Connect with us today to learn all about how we can help you nail your next tech interview.